Make a reservation

Or find us on Google Maps

History of the building

Make a reservation

Or find us on Google Maps

Gamli Garður is the oldest building on campus at the University of Iceland. It was first opened as a dormitory in 1934. During the Second World War the house was occupied by the British army. The building was completely renovated in 2013 – 2014 with the primary emphasis to highlight the history of the house.

Make a Reservation