Terms & Conditions – Student Hostel, Iceland
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless stated otherwise in this context, the following expressions have he following meanings.
„Customer“ means paying guest of the hostel;
„Hostel“ means Student Hostel;
„Individuals“ means a party less than 9 people;
„Groups“ more than 10 people;
„Site“ means www.studenthostel.is; and
„Rates“ mean the prices payable for rooms and (where applicable) other facilities offered by the Hostel.
- The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience ony and shall have no effect upon the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
- References to any gender shall include the other genders.
- Use of the Site
- Bookings are subject to the Student Hostel‘s terms and conditions and policies and you should read these before proceeding with your booking.
- We make an effort to ensure all information displayed on the Site is accurate; however, we are unable to guarantee of all information nor are we able to guarantee that the Site is free of errors or faults. We reserve the right to change information published on the Site at any time.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence) which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with your use of or inability to access this site, or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via this site. The limitation of liability (whether arising under contact, tort (including negligence or statute), applies to all damages or any kind including compensaory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or proft, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased goods or services. These terms do n ot affect consumers‘ statutory rights.
- We may change or modify all or any part of these terms and conditions by posting changes to the Site.
- Student Hostel is committed to protect the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We are also committed to proctecting the client‘s personal information. We prevent unauthorised access, and we do not sell, rent, or loan our subscriber or customer lists to third parties for email marketing.
- Bookings and Reservations
- Customers may make reservations in advance through Hostel website, travel agents accommodation websites (such as Booking.com, Hostelworld.com), telephone and in person.
- When making reservations, Customers will be required to provide identification information including, but not limited to, their name, address, contact telephone number, nationality, email address and credit card details.
- Payment details will be required for all reservations. Unless the reservation is expressly stated to require payment at the time of reservation, no payment will be taken until such times as indicated in Clause 4 below.
- Reservations booked in advance do not constitute a legally binding contract between the Hostel and the Customer until the Hostel confirms the reservation with the Customer and provides the Customer with a booking reference.
- Bookings made through a third party website must be amended or cancelled through the third party website.
- Group bookings must be made by contacting the Reservations team directly via email
(info @ studenthostel.is)
- Group name lists must be sent at least 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Reservations may be changed by the Customer up to 2PM the day prior at no charge (subject to the cancellation provisions set out in Clause 5 below). The Hostel will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate any changes requested but gives no guarantee that all changes will be accommodated).
- Reservations are not required. Customers may make bookings on arrival however the Hostel cannot guarantee the availability of rooms or other facilities for such bookings.
- Customers may extend their stay subject to availability; rates are subject to chage. The Hostel will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate such requests.
- Prices for hostel rooms include all taxes, unless otherwise stated on the Site. Payment will be debited to your nominated credit card at the time the bookinsi placed in the total amount shown on the booking page if booked directly through the website.
- Fees and Payments
- All rates are subject to change.
- Rates and prices are quoted when making reservations apply only to accommodation unless otherwise stated. Additional charges may apply for items including, but not limited to, breakfast bags, towel rent etc. Customers will be informed of the prices payable for such additional items on arrival at the Hostel.
- Customers shall pay all sums due upon checking-in at the Hostel including a 4.000 ISK bond. The Bond will be held for the duration of stay, to cover damages to the Hostel, linen, cleaning costs and/or loss of key.
- People with a valid University ID from anywhere in the world get discounted prices. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following pament methods are accepted on site by the Hostel:
- All major Credit and Debit Cards
- Cash (ISK – Icelandic Krona)
- Payment through Student Hostel website (studenthostel.is)
- Payments are processed in the last step of the process via a secure payment website (Borgun), all major Credit and Debit cards accepted).
- Payment through third party booking websites, such as, Booking.com, Hostelworld.com, etc.
- Student Hostel will issue an invoice for the full amount upon arrival.
- Group payments: We reserve the right to charge a 30% deposit at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. Full payment must be made a minimum of 4 weeks in advance or upon confirmation if booked within 4 weeks of arrival. In the event that the payment is delayed, Student Hostel reserves the right to cancel the booking and withdraw its confirmation of services.
- Proof of pre payment is required, if applicable.
- If you wish to change or cancel your booking you must contact us. We cannot guarantee that changes can be made.
- All cancellation must be made in writing addressed to email@example.com.
- A valid cancellation must include:
- Reservation name
- Guest name
- Email address
- Dates of stay
As these details appear on your confirmation of booking.
- Individuals cancelling more than 24 hours prior to 2pm on the scheduled date of arrival will not be charged for cancellation fees. Any payment made will be refunded.
- Individuals cancelling less than 24 hours prior to arrival or no-show will incur a cancellation fee equal to one night‘s accommodation for each room booked at the quoted rate. This will be charged to the method of payment advised at the time of booking. Any payment made for additional nights will be refunded.
- Cancelling 28 days (4 weeks) prior to arrival, 100% refund.
- Cancelling 14-27 days prior to arrival, 50% refund.
- Cancelling less than 14 days prior to arrival, no refund.
- Failure to arrive at the Hostel on the scheduled date or arrival will result in the charge of a No Show fee equal to one night‘s accommodation for each room booked at the quoted rate. This will be charged to the method of payment advised at the time of booking. The remainder of your booking will be cancelled at this time. Any payment for additional nights will be refunded.
- Failure to advise a cancellation will result in the charge of a No Show fee equal to one night‘s accommodation for each room booked at the quoted rate. This will be charged to the method of payment advised at the time of booking. The remainder of your booking will be cancelled at this time. Any payment for additional nights will be refunded.
- All cancellation charges and refunds will be processed using the credit card used by the Customer to make the booking. All refunds will be processed within 10 working days.
- Any requests for refunds must be made within 30 days of the arrival date, otherwise monies will be forfeited.
- The Hostel may, from time to time, cancel a reservation. In the event of such cancellation, the Customer shall be informed immediately and shall be offered a full refund of any and all sums paid.
- Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in time at the Hostel is at 2pm. Should you arrive prior thism luggage storage is available.
- Check-out time at the Hostel is 10am. AT this time guests are required to bring their linen, room key and all personal belongings to the reception. If no damages or further charges apply, the guest will be refunded their 4.000 ISK bond.
- Later check-out times may be possible by prior arrangement (and at the Hostel‘s discretion), and will be charged at an hourly rate. 1.000 ISK per hour.
- In the absence of an arranged late check out, failure to check-put by 10am may result in the Customer being charged for an additonal nigh‘s accommodation at the standard applicable Rate or the bond being absorbed.
- The reception is open from 7am until midnight.
- Number for emergencies (fire department, police) is 1-1-2.
- Hostel emergency number. Vala, hostel manager – 848-5300.
- Hostel Rules
- Noise: We ask that you respect other guest‘s by limiting the amount of noise after 11pm.
- Smoking: The rooms and common areas within the Hostel are non-smoking – please use designated outdoor areas. If you set off a fire alarma and fire brigade attends you will be fined. Tampering with fire equipment including extinguishers and fire hoses may result in you being asked to leave the premises.
- Belongings: We do not hold any responsibility for the safekeeping of your personal property in or around the premises. This includes all private and public areas.
- Luggage room: Luggage is left at owner‘s risk.
- Any person deemed a risk to themselves or others will be removed.
- Any form of abuse towards any staff member or other guest‘s will not be tolerated and you will be evicted of the premises.
- You will be held liable for nay damages to the property caused by you, the Customer. You will be charged for the damages/call out fee which could result in you being evicted from the property.
- Eviction is at the management‘s discretion and includes but is not limited to the rules above. Guests who choose not to follow the above House Rules will be asked to leave the resort with NO REFUND.
- Valid photo identification in the form of a Driver Licence or Passport is required at check-in.
- Customers are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable and responsible manner at all times when on Hostel property and must not act in any way which may disturb other guests. Failure to adhere to this requirement may result in a Customer being asked to leave the Hostel in which event all sums due shall become immediately payable.
- No animals are allowed in the Hostel.
- Food and Drink
- Unless expressly indicated otherwise, food and drinks are not included in any rates.
- Breakfast bags are available for purchase (includes homemade greek yoghurt, fruit, juice, coffee/tea) – 990 ISK.
- Customers are allowed to bring food and drinks (including alcohol) into the Hostel and have access to fully equipped kitchens to cook.
- Disabled Customers
- Unfortunately, due to the architecture of the Hostel it is not wheelchair accessible nor does the hostel have disabled facilities, such as kitchen or bathroom.
- Age Restriction of Customers
- Student Hostel is not able to accept guests under the age of 18 years of age unless staying with their parent or legal guardian.
- Appropriate identification must be shown at check-in time as proof of guardianship. These minors must be accompanied by the parent/guardian at all times. This is due to general licensing of the premises.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Hostel‘s liability for any loss or damage suffered by Customers shall be limited to that which arises out of the negligence of the Hostel‘s employees, subcontractors or agents.
- The Hostel shall not be liable for any indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by a Customers including, but not limited to, loss of income, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or loss of enjoyment.
- Travel insurance: Student Hostel does not supply travel insurance and it is not included in the price. We urge our customers to arrange their own travel insurance before arrival. Residents of EEA Member Countries should not forget to bring their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
- Force Majeure; neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to Acts of God, Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, resurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions purports to limit or to exclude the Hostel‘s liability for:
- Death or personal injury cased by the negligence of the Hostel, its employees, subcontractors or agents;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal for the Hostel to limit or exclude its liability.
- Legislation: Should any disagreement befall, it will only be dealt with in an Icelandic court. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Icelandic Law and the Courts of the Republic of Iceland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Customers‘s rights as a consumer under consumer protection legislation from time to time in force shall not be affected by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Hostel may, from time to time, change these Terms and Conditions without notice, however it will use its reasonable endeavours to inform Customers as soon as is reasonably possible of any such changes.
- Data Protection
- The Hostel will not share Customers‘ personal data with any third parties for any reason without the prior consent of the Customer concerned. Such data will only be collected, processed and held in accordance with Hostel‘s rights and obligations arising under the provisions and principles concerning act no. 77/2000 on The Protection of Privacy as regards the Processing of Personal Data as well as on the functions of the Data Protection Agency cf. personuvernd.is
- No waiver
- No failure by the Hostel to enforce any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of the right to subsequently enforce that provision or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions. Such failure shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach and shall not constitute a continuing waiver.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- Domain name and copyright in Website under license from Félagsstofnun stúdenta.
All Rights Reserved
No content on our website may be used or reproduced for any commercial purposes. Student Hostel reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
Address: Hringbraut 29, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Tel: +354 510 2828
Email: info @ studenthostel.is